1. Ok, so I missed yesterday. I took my birthday off of my post a day in May series. That’s ok. I forgive myself. I was busy celebrating and eating cake.
2. I’m getting a surprise gift. Sometimes the Universe answers you when you least expect it. Since we found out we were having twins, Marco and I had to get rid of our little cars and get the minivan. We’ve been a one car family and it has been hard. Well, today, Marco worked it out with a friend and we are finally buying a second car. We are picking it up tomorrow. I’ll miss having Marco chauffeur me around. But it will be a relief on managing our day to day lives.
3. I’ve been at this blogging thing forever!!! I was just reminded by Nance just how time has flown. Back in the day, these things were called online journals. And there weren’t any comments. Or sponsored posts. And I was coding every entry with my little html skills. I love it!
4. I saw my crazy doc today. We decided that I’ll continue on the dose of the happy pills I’m on. I think I’ve gotten past the adjustment period and am looking forward to not dealing with the highs and lows anymore. And putting worry where it belongs. Worrying is a damn thief if you let it.
5. For the past year, I’ve been working in two different offices doing multiple duties. As of next week, I get to just do my main job and that will also be a big relief to my stress. However, I will miss all my people at the beach office. They’re my familia.
That’s all folks! Time for bed!
Tomorrow is my birthday.
To be exact I was born, at this time on May 8th, 40-something years ago.
I say 40-something because I always gave to do math to figure out my age now. How old am I? Oh, let’s see, what year are we in? Minus this, carry the 7, … Um yeah.
Remember when half birthdays were a big deal? Being in such a rush to get to the next age.
I’m in no rush. Just trying to enjoy the fab forties.
I really am in a good place. I hate that my brain forgets that, and makes me think I need to fret about things.
Being thankful. Gratitude.
That’s what I will be conscious of this year.
Because I am blessed.
It’s only Tuesday and it’s been one of those weeks.
Where for every to do thing crossed off the list, four more take its place.
And I’m not the most organized person in the world. But I’m getting better. Because my job and mom life require it. Plus the Zoloft is working a little better so I’m not so fearful.
It sounds stupid. But I often get overwhelmed by the things I need to do. So I put them off. More and more. And then it gets worse and worse. It doesn’t make any sense logically. But that’s how my brain works. It lies.
Anyway, it’s been one of those weeks.
A work to-do list. And a me to-do list. And a mom to-do list.
But I am learning to appreciate the accomplishments.
To say, hey I got this! Because I do.
Grocery shopping used to be one of my favorite things to do. But with four girls, plus activities, plus working full time, it has come to be a chore.
And figuring out coupons and sales and stuff like that really gets to be a pain.
Enter Fresh and Easy. I’ll be honest. Years ago, I didn’t get that store. It didn’t seem right for me. But over the years my love for that store has grown. I can be confident that the meats are fresh, the produce is great and I don’t have to deal with all the eye catching junk that the supermarket sells.
Their easy to go meals have made it easier for me to get a quick dinner on the table on busy nights and I can be confident that it will taste good and fresh. Carnitas tacos? Easy 10 minutes!
And now they’ve added a bunch of great tasting items and a partnership with Wild Oats for delicious organic foods. The Wild Oats bread? Best tasting bread ever! Even my picky kids love it.
And now they even have quick breakfast foods. No more tempting drive through trips needed. I can stock up on these breakfast items for easy eating on the go. Getting 6 of us out the door suddenly became a little more manageable. Plus, grab a fresh sandwich for lunch!
And snacks! Healthy snacks, not junky ones. Nuts galore. Which I need to sustain my work day energy. Hey now! I can’t be supermom if I’m falling down on the job from exhaustion. (Falling down due to clumsiness, that’s another thing.)
Best of all? I don’t have to break the bank for all this freshness. They still have the Friends rewards program with personalized coupons and rewards loaded right on my phone app. Easy!
If you’re one of the lucky people with a Fresh and Easy nearby, check out the new Fresher and Easy-er!
I participated in a personal tour and was provided with a gift card to try out the new items at Fresh and Easy. All opinions expressed are my own.