Today Isa had her Girl Scouts bridging ceremony moving from Junior to Cadette. Some of the troop had gone to a mass bridging ceremony across the Golden Gate bridge last week, but Isa was with the group that did it here locally. It brought me back to my sorority days, with candles and white linens.
I baked chocolate cupcakes for the occasion. I’m baking again at some point this weekend. I have a bunch of fresh lemons beging to be made into lemon bars or something.
After the ceremony the girls watched a movie on a huge backyard movie screen. I totally want one for our house!
I bought the twins a new potty today. So we now have the kind for the big toilet. And the separate chair. These girls are getting out of diapers soon, so help me.
Tomorrow is Isa’s last spring soccer game. Next fall, Gabi is going to play too. The twins can start to play when they’re 3. Apparently, I don’t think we are busy enough.
How about that Grey’s Anatomy finale? I was not expecting that to happen. It’s going to be a long wait until fall season!
I decided to try a new red lipstick today. (Elf Matte Lip Color in Rich Red.) Instagram gave it a thumbs up.
Ema saw me with it on, looked at me weird and said “Lips! Lips!” (sounds like Wips!)
This posting every day is still going strong! Today I’m joining Friday Fragments.
Happy Mexican Mother’s Day to my fellow mamis.
Prom dresses with slit up to Hello and a sparkly garter on the thigh? No. just no. Maybe that makes me a prude, but I don’t care.
Ema has learned to slide open the pocket door to the kitchen and the sliding screen door to the backyard. We are screwed.
Woohoo! Season 10 for Grey’s! Hopefully this means the twins will still be on.
Also Scandal. Yay!
It looks like Revenge is getting good, but I missed so many episodes that I don’t think I will catch up.
With the demise of Google Reader, I’ve been trying theoldreader and feedly. I love neither. Old Reader is kind of slow and has no app and doesn’t have the same functionality that I’m used to. Feedly is too magazinish and busy. I took one look at bloglovin and clicked away. I’m hard to please and I just want my regular reader back dammit.
Sometimes I want to blog about things that aren’t really my business to blog. This is one of those times. Yes, I’m being vague. Just know that today, I took a good look at Isa and tears filled my eyes because I want to freeze her right now at this stage. Middle school is next fall. I’m not ready, dammit!
When your 2 year old says, “Mama, come sit by me!” You do it.
Friendships and relationships get complicated when people hold on too hard to expectations. Sometimes, you just have to let go of it and move on. A few weeks ago I was fighting with my ex via text message. In the end, I slapped myself on the forehead and just let that crap go. Because my friendship and relationship with myself was more important than what I was expecting him to do.
My hair is driving me nuts… too long! I need to cut it.
Way back in college, I was hanging out with Marco in his dorm room. I was leaning on him and I fell asleep. I woke up to discover I drooled on his arm. We both still remember that. Bonded by Lex’s embarrassing moment, we think of that day and laugh every time.
This is Day 9 in the #PostADayinMay challenge I set for myself. Also known as #BlogEveryDayInMay in the challenge set by Jenni at Story Of My Life. Today’s blog prompt is -A moment in your day
- The day after my last post sucked with getting Gabi ready. It was worse. She ended up standing in front of her school and peed her pants because she was so upset at being forced to wear what I put on her. So she got her way, because they changed her at school. But! I didn’t yell.
- The rest of the week was spectacular when it came to the “routine.” I started a new beditme regimen with them. Bought a new nightlight. Now, every night I lie down with them with the tv off, in total silence, cuddles, and after 10 minutes, I get up kiss them goodnight and leave. And. they. fall. asleep. and. stay. there! It blows my mind!
- Some sucky things happened this week. But I’m doing my damnedest to remember that the bad doesn’t define my life as a whole. It just is. And it just has to be dealt with. That won’t be fun. But I do not need to let any anxiety get to me.
- I bought my ticket to Blogher 10! Yay! (really that was a few weeks ago, but plans are starting to form!)
- When the day becomes shitty, snuggling up next to my Marco each night makes everything better .
- Six months ago today, I set eyes on my Marco again after 17 years. And I’ll never let go again.
- Still working on figuring out this theme business on wordpress. It’s a mystery that I must solve.
- Today is Miss’ birthday! I just love that girl! The funny, sweet, Dodger-lovin’, hawt, fun, silly, smart, talented mama that is Just One Miss… you must know her! She’s the cutie in the middle!