Oh hi! It’s still November right? Ok, so I missed a few days of the blogging every day thing. But I had my best “fronds”* over my house for the weekend and there was lots of fun to be had. And then everyone left and I needed to crawl in a ball and cry and watch sad movies to get past the letdown. Plus all that mothering and wifeing to be done. And oh yeah, my job.
So anyways, here’s what I have to say about last weekend.
1. Having friends to hug in person is so much better than saying “hug” in messages.
2. My children are equally smitten with my girlfriends as my friends are with them.
3. When you have an agenda for a fun weekend, the best part is making that agenda flexible by doing almost entirely different things.
4. Some movies of your childhood are best left as a memory.
5. My dog was in heaven with all the extra loving from my friends. I mean it’s not like she’s not surrounded by love all the time. But my dog is a glutton for love. And treats.
6. When you’re up late eating, drinking, and talking there comes a point where everything is hilarious. And then things get even funnier. And then ridiculous.
7. When Lex gives her favorite friends a driving tour of LA, they may just get a glimpse at the buildings that house a certain show that her babies are on. And a driving tour of one of the times that a scene was shot offsite. Perhaps that happened.
8. When you decide it would be cool to drive up to the Griffith Observatory to show your friends the perfect view of all of LA, you should note that everyone else decides to do the same at sunset on a clear day. So, decide, just how important is getting to that view, and if you’re willing to wait through the line of cars going up the road. Note, we turned around pointed out the window to a view that was almost as good.
9. Yes you absolutely can make a dinner completely made of appetizers and cocktails. And everyone will like it.
10. If you bake a batch of “period” cookies, they will be gone in two days.**
Lex’s famous chocolate chip cookies
11. We always joke about the need for a bail fund. We should also add a moving fund for Mel who lives across the country. We need her here. And perhaps make an actual bail fund. Just in case.
12. When you have a team of “aunties” helping with the potty training, you would think that means success. You would be wrong. Stubborn kids.
13. Your always full house seems awfully empty now that all my friends are gone. This past weekend, we agreed that we are in favor of friends visiting often. Perhaps we should open a bed and breakfast some day. Some place near an orchard. With deer.
14. Come back soon my fronds!
*”Fronds” what we affectionately call ourselves after I had an autocorrect on twitter for “friends.”
**I started making “period” cookies for my daughter to help soothe the monthly beast. It’s now a ritual.